Press on nails and fake nails have conquered the fashion market because of their unique ability to give your nails the illusion of length. But like all makeup, this needs to be removed at a certain point in time.
This blog post will discuss how to remove fake nails with hot water. This is a simple and easy method that many people find to be effective, and it is the best way to prevent damaging your nails from happening.
Keep in mind that everyone's hands are different, so you may need to try a few of these before finding what works best for you!
Why You Should Use Hot Water to Remove Your Fake Nails:
- The hot water helps soften the adhesive that holds the nails in place. This makes it easier to remove nails without damaging them.
- Removing it with hot water hurts less than tearing with bare hands. Also, it's much cheaper than going to a salon and having your nails professionally removed.
- In addition, the hot water helps loosen the bond between the acrylic and natural nails, making your nails less likely to be damaged.
- Finally, hot water can also help prevent your natural nails from staining.
What Materials and Tools Needed:
- A bowl of hot water.
- Cuticle oil or any moisturizer
- Nail File or clippers
How to Take off Acrylic Nails with Hot Water
Start by filling a bowl with warm or hot water, then place your hand with fake nails in for about 15-20 minutes. Once the fake nails start to loosen and fall off easily, you can gently remove them.
Step 1: Start by trimming your nails. If you have long acrylic nails, you can start by cutting them short with nail clippers and soaking them in hot water. This will make them easier to remove and less likely to damage your natural nails.
Step 2: Next, file the edges of the nail. This will help loosen the adhesive and make it easier to remove the nail.
Step 3: Now, fill a bowl or basin with hot water. The ideal temperature is between 105 and 110 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 4: Soak your nails in hot water for at least 10 minutes. This will help loosen the adhesive and make it easier to remove the nail.
Step 5: After soaking your nail, you should be able to gently pull it off. If the nails are resistant, you can pry them off with a nail file or an orange stick.
Step 6: After removing all press on nails, use a nail file to smooth down any rough edges.
Nail Care Tips:
- Don't pull your nails too hard. If you're having trouble removing a press on nail, put your hand back in warm water and soak it for another five minutes. The nails come off easily now.
- Fake nails contain artificial chemicals that may adversely affect their natural growth. To prevent this, make sure you stop using it after wearing it for about a month. Leave plenty of space before you start putting it on.
- Also, use nail enhancers to prevent your nails from becoming brittle.
- Get plenty of calcium. Incorporate it into your diet or take supplements. Nothing is more effective than calcium in promoting nail growth.
- Moisturizing is a must. As is often the case, using a press on nails for too long can strip the natural oils from the nails. Therefore, it is necessary to replenish water and nutrients from the outside.